16 June 2022
Trane is expanding its Sintesis Balance CMAF portfolio of multi-pipe units for simultaneous cooling and heating.
The new models are now available with R454B refrigerant in capacities ranging from 150 to 1,400 kilowatts (kW). Trane says the units deliver better cooling and heating efficiencies, improved operating maps and lower environmental impact compared to equivalent models with R410A.
“With this new generation of air-sourced multi-pipe units, Trane is again raising the bar in sustainable, efficient and flexible delivery of cooling and heating in buildings,” said Louis Rompre, portfolio manager at Trane in Europe, Middle East and Africa. ”Our emission-free Sintesis Balance systems leverage renewable technology, full heat recovery and repurposing of that heat, clearing the pathway to reducing direct use of fossil fuels. By adding the R-454B refrigerant, we further increased the units’ efficiencies and lowered annual operating costs, bringing significant savings to the building owners’ bottom lines.”
Trane offers the low global warming potential (GWP) R454B refrigerant across its entire portfolio of scroll compressor chillers, heat pumps, multi-pipe units and rooftops.
The capacity range is increased to 1,400 kW and answers the needs of larger new and existing building owners wanting to eliminate separate boiler and chiller systems to fulfil their facilities’ cooling requirements in the summer, heating in the winter or both throughout the year.
The 3°C wider heating operating map allows more buildings, even in colder regions in Europe, to move away from fossil-fuel based heating systems and benefit from the Sintesis Balance CMAF delivering:
- Up to 48°C hot water at ambient air temperatures as low as -18°C
- Up to 55°C hot water at ambient air temperatures as low as -10°C
- Up to 68°C of hot (sanitary) water when ambient air temperature is above +7°C.
Additional features include:
- Trane Adaptive Refrigerant System, a proprietary technology, which automatically optimizes refrigerant charge and sub-cooling in each operating mode and varying temperature conditions, delivering additional performance and efficiency gains.
- The fully electric driven CMAF multi-pipe unit doesn’t generate any direct greenhouse gas emissions and offers up to 350% higher efficiency (in heat pump mode) compared to most gas boilers when delivering hot water for comfort heating systems.
- Configurability with three acoustic packages and efficiency levels to meet different buildings’ application requirements.
- New generation of Trane controls technology – Tracer Symbio 800 controller - featuring advanced algorithms ensuring smooth, reliable operation with the low cost of ownership. In addition, it also offers six arbitration choices to optimize performances in each application.