07 July 2022
World Skills UK announced six of the UK's best apprentices competing in the Worldskills UK finals between November 16 and November 18.
This top-tier competition will see 63 finals take place at the same time at six colleges across the four nations of the UK. The skills vary from bricklaying in Edinburgh, aircraft maintenance in Cardiff, culinary arts in Belfast and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning in Barking and Dagenham College, London.
Designed by industry experts, WorldSkills UK competitions help young people to grow personally and professionally, developing their technical, personal and employability skills.
Our congratulations to the top six scoring apprentices who have all been invited to compete in the finals in November, with another four high-scoring apprentices held in reserve.
The top 6 scoring apprentices are
- Luke Haile, from Lightfoot Defence, Eastleigh College
- Scott Ballantyne, from AE Refrigeration, Glasgow College
- Todd Monague, from Vivo Defence Services, Bath College
- Mitchell Scott from Universal Cooling PRTC Practical Refrigeration Training Centre
- Charlotte Robinson, from Catalent Pharma Solutions, Bath College
- Peter Smith, from Arcus Ltd, Eastleigh College