08 February 2022
The Institute of Refrigeration's Women in RACHP Network will be hosting a training event to mark International Women's Day on March 8.
The training day is open to anyone working in, or who has an interest in, the refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump sector. Participants will receive an overview of the systems, details on the principles of refrigeration, and F-Gas Regulations as well as hands-on practical experience.
The event is open to both technical and non-technical staff and no prior knowledge of refrigeration is required. The programme is as follows:
Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Types of air conditioning & refrigeration systems
- Principles of refrigeration
- F-Gas Regulations, now and in the future
- Energy efficiency
Heat Pump Systems
- Different types of heat pump systems
- Air source heat pumps
- Ground source heat pumps
- Fundamental design of heat pumps systems
Delegates will be encouraged to participate in the following practical elements where safe to do so:
- Practical demonstration of CO₂ refrigeration systems
- Practical demonstration of safe handling of flammable refrigerants
Places for the event are £65 per person ( a discount is available to IOR members). To find out more and book, visit the IOR website.