05 May 2020
BSRIA has published a new edition of its guide on pre-commission cleaning of pipework systems. BG 29/2020 is the sixth edition of the guide, replacing BG 29/2012.
Pre-commission cleaning is the process of bringing a closed heating or cooling system to a satisfactory state for commissioning and ongoing maintenance of water quality.
The updated edition, developed in partnership with the Closed Systems Control Association (CSCA) and an industry steering group, includes several new topics:
- cleaning precautions for thin-walled carbon steel pipes,
- closed-loop pre-treatment cleaning (CPC) procedures,
- pre-treatment options described in German directive VDI 2035,
- corrosion monitoring solutions,
- heat networks and low carbon systems.
The guide is available to download from the BSRIA website, with free downloads for BSRIA and CSCA members.