27 September 2016
The Sustainable Innovation in Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heat pumps (SIRACH) Network has announced its latest meeting, which focuses on the thermal storage in smart energy systems.
Hosted by the International Energy Research Centre (IERC) in Cork on 23rd November 2016, the meeting includes research from the IERC on the following topics:
Attendees will learn about the opportunities and and solutions that thermal storage in smart energy systems offer.
- Tony Day, executive director from the IERC will open the event explaining the research carried out at the Centre.
- Gareth Davies from London South Bank University will explore challenges and benefits of integrated heating and cooling systems in cities.
- The heat recovery potential in thermal storage across Europe is covered by Alberto Coronas President of the International Institute of Refrigeration Commission on Heat pumps and energy recovery.
- An outline of practical solutions for efficient use of heat pumps and thermal energy storage will be given by Neil Hewitt from Ulster University.
- Mick McAeever of the Dublin Institute of Technology will look at how phase change materials can be used as part of renewable energy systems.
Attendees will have the opportunity to tour the IERC, which is one of the largest funded technology centres in Ireland. The centre has research projects which address the challenges of providing secure, affordable and sustainable energy services.
Book your free place in advance here: www.sirach.org.uk
Content continues after advertisements