Today, Daikin’s VRV IV heat recovery system is able to efficiently satisfy requirements for heating, cooling and domestic hot water. Daikin Europe calls it “The most Sustainable HVAC System in the World”.
The new generation Daikin VRV IV systems are now available in several variants – we have:
- VRV IV Heat Recovery
- VRV IV Heat Pump
- VRVQ IV – replacement systems
- VRV IV - W – Water cooled
A new mini VRV IV range including the S-series compact (super low profile) outdoor units
Finally – the new VRV IV i-series. The first VRV outdoor unit designed for indoor installation.
In the commercial sector, the pre-eminent heat pump is the air source air-to-air type, which can satisfy both the space heating and cooling requirements. However, sanitary hot water services have still, in the main, been provided by secondary systems such as point of use electric water heaters or central gas/oil fired boilers. This is now changing thanks to new developments in air source heat pump technology.
Focus on Efficiency
- Variable Refrigerant Temperature technology - enables the refrigerant temperature to be adjusted to match heating or cooling demand and the outside temperature, reduced power consumption results in an improved operating efficiency of as much as 28%. Comfort is also enhanced because variable refrigerant technology enables cold draughts to be avoided.
- Continuous heating during defrost - The defrost cycle can result in reduced indoor temperatures at a time when this is undesirable. VRV IV’s continuous heating during defrost avoids this issue and maintains comfort levels when the defrost cycle is activated.
- The VRV configurator software - enables the system to be “set up” off site, saved to a USB and simply uploaded at the commissioning stage. This feature greatly simplifies both the installation and commissioning of Daikin VRV systems.
Mike Nankivell commented:
“To effectively and efficiently manage the heating and cooling and hot water requirements of our commercial buildings it’s not so much a question of “why install heat pumps?” rather than “why consider any other technology?” No other systems offer anything like the combined energy efficiency, carbon emission reductions and cost effectiveness than heat pump technology.”