CIAT has announced the launch of Floway Access, its new single block compact air handling unit, which extends the range that leads in its category in terms of eco design, energy efficiency and ease of use.
CIAT designs, manufactures and supplies heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) global system solutions that optimise energy consumption and enhance indoor air quality and comfort in buildings. CIAT is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
The highest performance standards are met in this line of compact air handling units, thanks to its brushless motor and high efficiency plug fan, which allow a wide airflow modulation range, resulting in a motor efficiency up to 90 percent. In addition, Floway panels are thickly insulated to ensure a quiet operation.
High efficiency and reliability are key factors for CIAT, both of which are put to the test. CIAT air handling units are scrutinized in standardized test rooms that reproduce real-life climate conditions and environments. Airtightness, panel insulation, acoustics, heat recovery performance and control loops are measured to reach optimal air quality. On some models an optional second filtration stage for fresh air is also available.
Floway is designed to provide plug-and-play solutions to customers. From the air handling unit itself to peripherals including the controller, which shows information status on a display, everything is immediately operational, saving customers time with installation.
To supervise control of the system, Floway Control runs the units locally but the main functions are also accessible, through the Webserver, from an internet browser. CIATM2M, the remote monitoring solution, allows customers to track the CIAT equipment from afar.
The Floway range now includes five standalone dual-flow air handling unit models that deliver highly efficient heating and cooling for indoor air quality and comfort.
- The new Floway Access RHE: This compact single block unit uses a rotary heat exchanger. It offers all the Floway essential features and its reliable performance from 300 to 8,500 m3/h air flow range.
- Floway Classic RHE: All the benefits of Floway Classic with a variable speed rotary heat exchanger for optimal heat recovery all year round, from 300 to 18,000 m3/h air flow range.
- Floway Classic: Equipped with a counter-flow plate exchanger that manages airtight air flows between fresh air and extracted air from 300 to 6,600 m3/h air flow range.
- Floway Ceiling: When no floor space is available, Floway Ceiling’s small dimensions and reduced height are ideal. Ventilation and heat exchange ensure indoor air quality at minimum cost, from 300 to 2,600 m3/h air flow range.
- Floway Vertical: Made for modular spaces in new or renovated buildings, thanks to its slim dimensions. Floway Vertical combines heat exchange and ventilation for optimum comfort from 300 to 2,600 m3/h air flow range.
Nicolas Baur, CIAT Product Manager, said: “The Floway air handling range uses cutting edge technologies in air flow. The wide variety of models, from the new Floway Access RHE unit to the Classic RHE, Classic, Ceiling and Vertical units, provide high-performance solutions, whether needed for offices, public buildings, heath care facilities, shopping centers or hotels.''
To learn more about the Floway range, visit the CIAT website.