- Large scale energy storage delivered by Tim Gardhouse from Highview Power Storage
- The thermal design and testing of the Mid Infrared Instrument (MIRI) on the James Webb Space Telescope delivered by Bryan Shaughnessy from the Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Cryostimulation as an emerging assistive technology for influencing bodily structure and metabolic functions delivered by Katya Mileva from London South Bank University
- 2K JT-cooler for the ESA Athena mission delivered by Martin Crook from the Science and Technology Facilities Council
- A case study from Sainsbury’s on their use of refrigerated delivery trucks cooled by a liquid nitrogen
Participants will also get an overview of Harwell Campus including the Science and Technology Facilities Council and Rutherford Appleton Laboratory by Angus Horne, MD of the organisation as well as taking part in a site tour.
(RAL is renowned for its ground-breaking work in many scientific fields including particle physics, space science and astronomy and for housing many of the UK’s top scientific facilities such as RAL Space, STFC’s Space Science and Technology Department which took part in over 200 international space missions or Diamond Light Source LTD, the UK national synchrotron radiation facility, whose applications contribute to research in fields including the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
For more information and to book a place, visit the SIRACH website.