The London Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Society is hoping to attract new members when its season of meetings and talks for 2017-18 begins next month.
Spokesman Brendan O’Reilly, from Blygold, said: “We are a society of active refrigeration engineers with a history going back 50 years. We meet socially between September and April for updates in technology, legislation and information on associated products.
“We want to encourage local HVAC companies to take an interest and encourage their technicians, engineers and managers to attend and ensure the continuation of such a valued society for many years to come.’’
Each meeting features a high-calibre guest speaker with Q&A, followed by technical advice, society business and socialising.
Meetings and speakers for 2017/2018:
- 14 September "The Ins and Outs of Adiabatic Cooling” Zafer Ure – Eco-mesh
- 12 October "High Quality Air Intake Screens” Richard Betts - Rabscreen
- 9 November "The Cost Efficient installation and energy controlled Tango Pump” Shane Leather – Armstrong Fluid Technology
- 14 December "Teslamiser – continuity of cooling for Data Centres” Tim Mitchell - Klimatherm
- 11 January "Fires caused by domestic fridges” Mick Beasley – London Fire Brigade
- 1 February Joint meeting with The IOR at London Southbank University. Chris Druce – Star Refrigeration
- 8 March " Condensate pumps as opposed to gravity drains” Gianpaolo Ruvolo – Blue Diamond
- 12 April The London Walk
Email Ron Filer at email@example.com or Brendan O’Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org