E-CO makes systems which use Ultraviolet C light to kill airborne bacteria, viruses and mould spores to improve indoor air quality (IAQ). Its new CPD courses will help engineers understand how to use UVC light in HVAC systems, the energy saving benefits of UVC, IAQ and security against bio-attack and other subjects.
E-CO managing director, Hilary Spicer said about their UVC technology courses:
“Installed at the cooling coils, our products deliver cleaner air by destroying bacteria, viruses, mould and spores in the air and by ensuring that heat exchange fins don’t become a breeding ground for harmful biological organisms in the form of bio-film.
“In addition to the clear benefits of improved employee health, higher productivity and lower sickness absenteeism; reduced bio-film build-up means that the HVAC system is more energy efficient and requires less maintenance.”
- Module 1 – Introduction to UVC in HVAC
- Module 2 – UVC in HVAC for Energy Saving
- Module 3 – UVC for Improving Indoor Air Quality in Commercial Premises
- Module 4 – UVC in Healthcare HVAC. Creating Pathogen Reduced Environments
- Module 5 – UVC in HVAC for enhanced Bio-security against Bio-terrorism attack