The REAL Alternatives 4 LIFE project's alternative refrigerants e-learning platform is now live in 15 languages.
The free tool focuses on safety, efficiency, reliability and containment of low GWP alternative refrigerants – carbon dioxide, ammonia, hydrocarbon and low flammables (HFOs and R32).
- Introduction to alternative refrigerants - safety, efficiency, reliability and good practice demonstrations
- Safety and risk assessment
- System design using alternative refrigerants
- Containment and leak detection of alternative refrigerants
- Maintenance and repair of alternative refrigerant systems
- Retrofitting existing systems
- Checklist of legal obligations when working with alternative refrigerants
- Measuring the financial and environmental impact of leakage
- Tools and guidance for conducting site survey
The platform has been updated to include demonstration videos covering both flammables and carbon dioxide principles.
To support the e-learning programme, the REAL Alternatives 4 LIFE team is organising train the trainer events from March to June 2019 across Europe. With a focus on flammables and carbon dioxide, these events will provide trainers with a practical introduction to the programme which includes assessments and certification, as well as information about how to set up and market training events. It is hoped this will lead to a network of over 100 licenced training providers in alternative refrigerants throughout Europe.
The project is supported by national leads in 12 European countries: Spain, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Poland, UK, Romania, Turkey, Croatia, Portugal, Slovakia and Czech Republic. For more information on becoming a trainer, visit www.realalternatives.eu/training-providers to contact national leads.